I’m one of the co-leads of Data+Women Germany. Use this page to browse content from our past meetings:
- Sarah Bartlett: Skills For Success: Tips To Help You Become A Better Data Analyst
- Lena Reick: Dual Axes In Tableau: Double The Axes, Double The Analytics
- Emily Kund: Accessibility In Data Visualization
- Daria Voronova: The Power Of Freedom That Lives Within, Or: How To Find Your Authentic Path And Make Your Dreams Come True
Sarah Bartlett: Skills for Success: Tips To Help You Become A Better Data Analyst
Sarah walked us through her top 9 tips on the road to becoming a data analytics expert.
- Master the basics.
- Practice regularly.
- Ask the right questions.
- Study design fundamentals.
- Publish your work.
- Engage with the community.
- Get certified.
- Leverage community resources.
- Teach others.
Lena Reick: Dual Axes In Tableau: Double The Axes, Double The Analytics
Lena talked about her favourite Tableau feature: dual axes. Nicknamed “Miss Dual Axes” by her colleagues, she introduced us to use cases and no-go’s around dual axes in data visualization.
Emily Kund: Accessibility In Data Visualization
Emily inspired us all with her primer on accessibility in data viz. She showed us the many ways in which we should cater to a diverse audience, educated us on inclusive design, and opened up a multitude of paths for us to create data visualization experiences that target all audiences.
As an entrepreneur and Quiz Queen, Emily offers loads of insightful content, make sure to check out her website. Follow her on Twitter, as well, and watch the recording of her talk as well as use her slides as reference:
Daria Voronova: The Power Of Freedom That Lives Within, Or: How To Find Your Authentic Path And Make Your Dreams Come True
Daria lead us through her journey in data analytics, telling us about the crossroads she passed, the decisions she had to make, the development she now looks back on, and how to flourish by pursuing your passion.